clocking out delivery beforre its ready?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 am
I warned you tompace. You're doing a fairly good job though. If I see anything glaringly incorrect I'll chime in. Keep up the good work.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

cut table

Where do you work?:
Papa Johns
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Nissan Leaf (Primary)
Geo Metro (Backups)
Geo Tracker
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:47 am
you people are simply insane.

why do I even bother.

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 pm
Yeah, name calling ALWAYS proves you are right on the internet.

CSR/Phones
Where do you work?:
Owner/Operator of private Restaurant Consulting Firm
User Type:
Other
Car you drive:
Stick Shift Compact
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:06 am
I have had experience in working for the big pizza chains in a district manager or consultant capacity.

If any manager or driver coordinator (in high volume stores) is asking you to clock out a delivery, meaning, assigning the delivery to you and dispatching to you, and the delivery is either not ready or about to be ready, that is poor management.

I do not see anything wrong with a person who is stationed at the expediter area (cutting board and box up) to tell a driver to stage and assign, meaning, the driver opens their hotbag and get ready for an order that is coming out of the oven RIGHT NOW, "If" they are really busy and have drivers lining up to take deliveries in a que type system. But this is ONLY if a driver should be expected out the door in 1.5 minutes or less.

If anyone is telling a driver to assign a delivery otherwise, especially if the order is still in the oven, the manager is trying to cheat the computer and I wouldn't tolerate this. The store's delivery and dispatch times need to be accurate. Any manager trying to cheat the system, I would be writing up. Any manager in a store that pays drivers a lower pay when delivering that tells drivers to do this, I would terminate. No passing Go or collecting $200. That is incredibly unacceptable. Not only does it cheat the driver's out of pay but it also lowers employee moral. That manager should not be working in that position if they make poor decisions.

In addition, if a district manager is telling the managers in the store to do this so their numbers look better, whether the drivers make different pay instore versus out of store or not, I would personally be handing that DM the state unemployment handbook (i've done this before), and asked for their keys.

Same deal when you go to McDonalds and they ask you to pull forward. "No I am sorry, I can't. Thanks"

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:55 am
thejax wrote:I have had experience in working for the big pizza chains in a district manager or consultant capacity.

If any manager or driver coordinator (in high volume stores) is asking you to clock out a delivery, meaning, assigning the delivery to you and dispatching to you, and the delivery is either not ready or about to be ready, that is poor management.

I do not see anything wrong with a person who is stationed at the expediter area (cutting board and box up) to tell a driver to stage and assign, meaning, the driver opens their hotbag and get ready for an order that is coming out of the oven RIGHT NOW, "If" they are really busy and have drivers lining up to take deliveries in a que type system. But this is ONLY if a driver should be expected out the door in 1.5 minutes or less.

If anyone is telling a driver to assign a delivery otherwise, especially if the order is still in the oven, the manager is trying to cheat the computer and I wouldn't tolerate this. The store's delivery and dispatch times need to be accurate. Any manager trying to cheat the system, I would be writing up. Any manager in a store that pays drivers a lower pay when delivering that tells drivers to do this, I would terminate. No passing Go or collecting $200. That is incredibly unacceptable. Not only does it cheat the driver's out of pay but it also lowers employee moral. That manager should not be working in that position if they make poor decisions.

In addition, if a district manager is telling the managers in the store to do this so their numbers look better, whether the drivers make different pay instore versus out of store or not, I would personally be handing that DM the state unemployment handbook (i've done this before), and asked for their keys.

Same deal when you go to McDonalds and they ask you to pull forward. "No I am sorry, I can't. Thanks"

Thanks thejax for posting your thoughts on this subject.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

CSR/Phones
Where do you work?:
Owner/Operator of private Restaurant Consulting Firm
User Type:
Other
Car you drive:
Stick Shift Compact
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:48 am
elric92 wrote:Thanks thejax for posting your thoughts on this subject.

You're welcome.
CSR/Phones

Where do you work?:
Dominos
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
sedan
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:30 pm
Great thread, I was thinking this exact thing last week. They are always clocking people out early on runs, sometimes even when I get back from a run ive been clocked in to the next run which is OK when we are busy as it doesnt matter if I was on run A or B, but when it's slow or there is a problem with an order and they route me and I sit and wait for 5-10 minutes it adds up.
Previous

Return to Minimum Wage/Mileage Reimbursement