Saving money on commercial car insurance

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
97 honda civic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Okay this is personal experience and works in Idaho i do not know about other states but would assume its a 100% yes.

So i called progressive commercial and asked for a quote. the quote they gave me was 210$(on bare minimum insurance) i did not like this and told them so after 2 days they got to 190$ (big deal didn't matter).

Anyway i just bought a house and got an independent insurance agent from the Dave Ramsey website. so i called him he called around and found me insurance through progressive at double the coverage they where offering for a grand total of 80$ a month! now that was within my budget.

Anyway i recommend calling a independent insurance agent worse case they don't find you a better price and you don't hire them :) best case you save 100$ a month that's 1200$ a year it can really add up.
Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 am
The $210 and $190 quote: Was that your per month prememium??????

I have Progressive Commercial and only pay $113 per month ($1245 or so for the full year) on full coverage. I have a clean driving record (no reported accidents and no tickets in like 7 years).

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
97 honda civic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm
Racket_Man wrote:The $210 and $190 quote: Was that your per month prememium??????

I have Progressive Commercial and only pay $113 per month ($1245 or so for the full year) on full coverage. I have a clean driving record (no reported accidents and no tickets in like 7 years).

It was per month, i had one ticket that is now gone(expunged) when i did this so i would assume mine could even be lower then the 80$ i pay now. and that yours could be as well.
Assistant Manager
Where do you work?:
Big 3
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda Accord
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 am
Stanhouse wrote:
Racket_Man wrote:The $210 and $190 quote: Was that your per month prememium??????

It was per month, i had one ticket that is now gone(expunged) when i did this so i would assume mine could even be lower then the 80$ i pay now. and that yours could be as well.

I'd like to get full coverage, but it's just not practical right now from a cost standpoint. My wife found coverage for both of us, granted it's just liability, for $58.00 a month.

Return to Car Insurance