Someone told me my insurance would be void if I delivered...

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:10 am
Someone told me my insurance would be void if I delivered pizza...

Your car insurance is only void if you violate the terms IN THE POLICY. Car insurance varies from company to company and from state to state. Every state has different rules on what can and cannot be covered under various insurance plans. Even insurance agents themselves can give bad advice on what policies may or may not cover unless they actually read and understand what YOUR INDIVIDUAL POLICY says.
While 'business' or 'commercial' insurance MAY be required by some companies or in some states, it is certainly NOT required by ALL companies in ALL states. The ONLY thing that matters in the end is what YOUR POLICY and YOUR STATE LAWS says is allowed.
State Farm is in general the most widely accepted company to insure pizza delivery drivers, but it is also not the only one who openly accepts drivers who admit to delivering pizza. The BEST ADVICE is to tell your agent that you deliver pizza in your own car and then ensure that your POLICY covers you if you are in an accident while on the job. It is up TO YOU to find that specific language written in your policy or to have your agent point it out to you and make sure you understand it.
No matter what ANYONE says or advises, they only thing that will matter is what is actually WRITTEN in YOUR POLICY at the time of the accident.
If you want to learn even MORE about how car insurance relates to pizza delivery, you can do so here:
viewforum.php?f=13
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Return to Car Insurance