How is your car insurance verifyed?


n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Where do you work?:
Papa Johns Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:05 pm
Can the franchise call your car insurance company to verify if you have insurance? Or do they just make a copy of your documents to verify it?

Would my car insurance company disclose information about my policy to my employer? It seems like if they did, my insurance company would know that I am delivering pizzas and then force me to pay for commercial insurance or void my policy.

Thanks.
User avatar
Master Driver
Posts: 6999
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:56 pm
Welcome to the board! How did you find us?

clydeisadog wrote:Can the franchise call your car insurance company to verify if you have insurance?


Can they? Sure they can. Will they? How about you just ask how they verify it?

clydeisadog wrote:Or do they just make a copy of your documents to verify it?


I suspect that most places do it this way.

clydeisadog wrote:Would my car insurance company disclose information about my policy to my employer?


Likely nothing more than you have the required minimum insurance.

clydeisadog wrote:It seems like if they did, my insurance company would know that I am delivering pizzas and then force me to pay for commercial insurance or void my policy.


Is 'commercial insurance' even required for pizza delivery drivers in your State? Is it required by your insurance company? Will you sleep better knowing or not knowing the answers to these questions?

Can you tell us what State you deliver in so we might be able to give you better answers?

In the mean time, start reading here for some answers: Car Insurance
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Image

Return to Car Insurance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pseunnywehalse and 4 guests

cron