New Class Action: SMITH v. PIZZA HUT, INC.

n00b

Where do you work?:
Pizza Hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
compact car
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 pm
I was hoping to get a copy of the Consent to Join form because the deadline is Aug 23, which is only a week away. I did request a form from the law firm but I don't think it will arrive in time.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 pm
They should be able to email you a consent form, then you can sign, scan (usually as a PDF) and email it back to them.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 pm
This case is STILL ongoing. I spoke to one of the lawyers involved in the case. They believe that this case might actually go to trial instead of being settled. If so, that would be HUGE if drivers won a case in court and cot some sort of 'concrete' ruling on drivers mileage reimbursement.

You can track the case here: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/colorado/codce/1:2009cv01632/114136

From the above link:

April 1, 2014 425 Featured Case ORDER by Magistrate Judge Boyd N. Boland on 4/1/14. The parties shall file a motion for additional discovery on or before April 14, 2014; and the parties shall submit a revised proposed final pretrial order on or before May5, 2014, modified as discussed at the final pretrial conference. (bsimm)
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:25 pm
Having a case make it's way to a trial would hopefully make some headway. Thanks for keeping up with all these cases gregster.

makeline/cook

Where do you work?:
Pizza Hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
DeLorean
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:53 pm
So I joined this lawsuit years ago and got a letter yesterday saying a settlement was approved by the court and if it becomes final I'll receive a large check in a few months.

Did anyone else join? I have zero experience with lawsuits, if the settlement has been court appproved, is it likely to become finalized?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Cpt Ron Codpiece wrote:So I joined this lawsuit years ago and got a letter yesterday saying a settlement was approved by the court and if it becomes final I'll receive a large check in a few months.

Did anyone else join? I have zero experience with lawsuits, if the settlement has been court appproved, is it likely to become finalized?

I have no standing on this case, meaning I am not , or have not ever been an employee of this franchise. That being said...

If you received a letter from the plaintiff's attorneys, then it is most likely the court will approve the settlement.

What you should do is contact the attorney that sent you the letter. I am sure there is contact information somewhere on that letter. How about you contact them and speak to them?
Previous

Return to Lawsuits against Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's