Driver sues Papa John's group (Heuberger v. Bajco, LLC)

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:13 pm
gregster wrote:
elric92 wrote:Or was it Mark educating you?

gregster wrote:Paul McInnes LLP, Weinhaus & Potashnick

Hmmmm those same names keep coming up here.... :D 8-) ;)

Because they are GOOD people on the side of drivers!

Devil's advocate...? How much booing/hissing will I receive?
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
Papa John's, Elkhart, Indiana
User Type:
Ex-Driver
Car you drive:
1989 Ford Ranger
2013 Hyundai Elantra
1993 Nissan NX2000
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:39 pm
Actually, a lot of it I researched myself, before I even contacted Mark. I actually brought up what we would do in the case of them trying to bring up a waiver of class action. Most of what Mark and Jack was doing was clarifying questions that I asked and/or verifying statements and other legal cases/terms that I brought up.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 am
jasonheuberger wrote:Actually, a lot of it I researched myself, before I even contacted Mark. I actually brought up what we would do in the case of them trying to bring up a waiver of class action. Most of what Mark and Jack was doing was clarifying questions that I asked and/or verifying statements and other legal cases/terms that I brought up.

That being to file a complaint with the NLRB siting the D.R. Horton ruling, right?

n00b

Where do you work?:
Formerly PJ Franchise
User Type:
Ex-Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:24 pm
Hey Jason, I joined this class action lawsuit. Do you have any news on the progress of it, or know where a good place to keep updated on it?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 pm
Tyler wrote:Hey Jason, I joined this class action lawsuit. Do you have any news on the progress of it, or know where a good place to keep updated on it?

I'm not Jason, but if you've joined the lawsuit as a member of the class, your best bet is to contact the firm that is handling the case. Other than that it would be directly contacting Jason. He might not immediately read this thread, so sending him a Private message might grab his attention.

OR... hopefully Jason will read your post and comment directly to you via a Private Message or through a public message in this thread. Just be aware that there might be items of discussion that he might not care to air publically or has been cautioned not to air publicly; I know that was the case with my lawsuit.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:06 am
Tyler wrote:Hey Jason, I joined this class action lawsuit. Do you have any news on the progress of it, or know where a good place to keep updated on it?

Contact Us

Paul McInnes LLP
601 Walnut Street, Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64106
(816) 984-8100

Call the above number and ask to speak to Jack McInnis.

Tell him Greg sent you from his website (I get NOTHING in return for that) and he will happily explain your options. He is a VERY EASY guy to speak to and will not pressure you to do anything. I have talked to him on the phone for hours now.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

n00b

Where do you work?:
PJ Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
small van
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 am
There are 21 stores in Florida represented in this class action lawsuit. In my store alone only one past driver and myself joined even though I tried to convince several to do so. The ones I wanted to join, like myself, had several years in the store. Their excuses ranged from, "didn't want to mess with it", "didn't want to upset our GM", "probably not worth the effort for a few bucks". My GM seemed proud that only two came from his store (like I was a traitor), but he knows I am the one person there who will state my opinion about stuff and stand up. I would love to get a big check and personally flash it in their faces, but know that I probably won't be able to do that!

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:06 pm
pizzababe wrote:There are 21 stores in Florida represented in this class action lawsuit. In my store alone only one past driver and myself joined even though I tried to convince several to do so. The ones I wanted to join, like myself, had several years in the store. Their excuses ranged from, "didn't want to mess with it", "didn't want to upset our GM", "probably not worth the effort for a few bucks". My GM seemed proud that only two came from his store (like I was a traitor), but he knows I am the one person there who will state my opinion about stuff and stand up. I would love to get a big check and personally flash it in their faces, but know that I probably won't be able to do that!

I am curious, when you say you joined do you mean that you are now a class representative or that the complaint was certified as a class/collective action and you've become a member of the class? I was unaware that the action had already been certified. Could you or jasonheuberger clarify?

Edit: I re-familiarized myself and notice that the action was conditionally certified, which is not the same thing as full certification.

Edit 2: Ok.. now that I am awake (I had been up for like 3 minutes before I read and replied in my last edit) I see that the conditional certification is for a collective action; which means that each employee must assert their desire to join the class. Instead of a class action where the employee would have to assert their desire to NOT be a member of the class.

I find it sad... so fucking sad.. that only 2 people from your location joined as class members of the collective action. It's sad because all those other, while not giving up their rights to seek their own remedy, are giving up on their (most likely) best chance to get some relief from the theft their employer had been committing against them.

Employee 1, "Hey, here's a valid legal complaint, it's could be worth 10s of thousands of dollars to you."

Employee 2, "No thanks, I don't want to piss of the manager."

Manager, "Ha HA, stupid employees are just too stupid. I saved my employer a lot of money. I'm such a good manager of the wage slaves."
Previous

Return to Lawsuits against Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's