Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:24 pm
Paul McInnes LLP and Weinhaus & Potashnick Launch Pizza Lawsuits Website for Pizza Delivery Drivers

http://kvly.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/28737205/paul-mcinnes-llp-and-weinhaus-potashnick-launch-pizza-lawsuits-website-for-pizza-delivery-drivers

Posted: Apr 07, 2015 7:27 AM EST
Updated: Apr 08, 2015 8:00 AM EST

PizzaLawsuits.com Advises Pizza Delivery Drivers of Their Various Rights, Including Receiving Reasonable Cost Reimbursements for their Vehicles

ST. LOUIS, MO / ACCESSWIRE / April 7, 2015 / Paul McInnes LLP in Kansas City, Missouri and Weinhaus & Potashnick in St. Louis, Missouri have obtained recoveries for tens of thousands of pizza delivery drivers across the country. They have launched an easy-to-navigate website for pizza delivery drivers to learn more about these cases and their rights. The web address is www.pizzalawsuits.com.

The new website, www.pizzalawsuits.com, advises pizza delivery drivers of their right to receive reasonable vehicle cost reimbursements, their right to receive the minimum wage after deducting unreimbursed vehicle expenses, and ongoing litigation to enforce these rights.

Paul McInnes LLP and Weinhaus & Potashnick have collectively prosecuted numerous lawsuits alleging that pizza delivery companies fail to reimburse their delivery drivers sufficiently for the vehicle expenses they incur on the job. While the IRS and AAA believe that the average cost of driving is at least 57 1/2 cents per mile, the pizza companies typically reimburse at a rate of about half of that amount, and often less. Such under-reimbursements result in federal and state minimum wage violations.

For example, if a pizza delivery driver is paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, he is un-reimbursed for 25 cents worth of vehicle expenses each mile, and he drives an average of 15 miles per hour on the job. Thus, his net pay is only $3.50 per hour ($7.25 – ($.25 under-reimbursed vehicle expenses per mile x 15 miles per hour)). Even if that delivery driver is paid at the highest state minimum wage, his net wages will still fall below both the federal and state minimum wage after deducting un-reimbursed vehicle expenses.

Paul McInnes LLP and Weinhaus & Potashnick have also successfully recovered compensation for pizza delivery drivers who were paid the tipped minimum wage, which is less than the full minimum wage, for time spent performing non-tipped duties. Non-tipped duties include such tasks as taking orders by telephone, making pizzas and cleaning the shop. Pizza shops must pay the higher full minimum wage for all time spent performing such non-tipped duties when non-tipped duties encompass at least 20 percent of the work time. Typically, pizza delivery drivers spend at least 40 percent of their time working in their pizza shops.

These firms have also recovered compensation for pizza delivery drivers and other pizza shop employees under New York law for the cost of purchasing required pants and shoes and for the weekly cost of cleaning their uniforms.

The new website, www.pizzalawsuits.com, clearly and simply explains to pizza delivery drivers their important legal right to receive a fair day’s pay in exchange for a fair day’s work, and their important legal right to be free from common pay violations.

About Paul McInnes LLP and Weinhaus & Potashnick:

Paul McInnes LLP is located in Kansas City, Missouri. It represents plaintiffs nationwide in complex business and employment litigation on a contingency basis.

Weinhaus & Potashnick is located in St. Louis, Missouri. It represents plaintiffs in wage and hour claims nationwide on a contingent fee basis.

Jack McInnes
Paul McInnes LLP
855-984-8100 (toll free)
mcinnes@paulmcinnes.com

Mark Potashnick
Weinhaus & Potashnick
314-997-9150 ext. 2
markp@wp-attorneys.com

SOURCE: Paul McInnes LLP and Weinhaus & Potashnick

http://www.pizzalawsuits.com/
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:29 pm
From here: http://www.pizzalawsuits.com/experience/

Highlights:
Over $27 Million Collected for Pizza Shop Employees to Date!
Settlements for Over 27,000 Pizza Shop Employees to Date!
Currently Representing Another 19,000+ Pizza Shop Employees!

Pioneered Litigation for Pizza Shop Employees Including Decisions Recognizing Claims for Unpaid Vehicle Expenses, Recognizing Class-Wide Methods of Proof, Conditionally Certifying Nation-Wide Collective Action Claims, Certifying State-Wide Class Action Claims and Invalidating a Class and Collective Action Waiver!

Click this link to see a DETAILED list of all the previous lawsuits won (settled for money) and a list of all of the PENDING lawsuits that YOU may still be eligible to join!

http://www.pizzalawsuits.com/experience/

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:12 am
How much pestering by you did it take for them to create this website?

I also really enjoy seeing
Sullivan v. PJ United, Inc., et al. d/b/a “Papa John’s,” Case No. 30-20-1300-0597 (AAA): Won NLRB proceeding permitting plaintiffs to proceed with collective action claims, won arbitration decision permitting plaintiffs to proceed with collective action claims, discovery phase
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:50 am
elric92 wrote:How much pestering by you did it take for them to create this website?

Who me? 8-)

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:21 am
Hmmm.. the webpage seems to be unreachable.
Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:59 am
elric92 wrote:Hmmm.. the webpage seems to be unreachable.

I just tried it and I get the same thing -- unreachable -- can not be displayed.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:39 pm
The website, pizzalawsuits.com, is accessible again. I am in contact with an individual (that is having difficulties registering for this website) that claims to be working with Mark Potashnick, one of the attorneys associated with that site. I asked this person to contact Mark and find out why the pizzalawsuits.com was unreachable. I got an email from this individual a few minutes ago informing me that the pizzalawsuits.com is again reachable (it is reachable by me now).

dough slapper

Where do you work?:
Papa John's Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Dat car
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:13 pm
Hi guys, I guess this is my introduction. Yup, called him today, he got it back up and running. Glad I could help :]

dough slapper

Where do you work?:
Papa John's Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Dat car
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm
Yup, called Mark today, after elric asked me to mention it to him, he got it up and running after just a couple hours. Glad I could help :]

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:13 pm
Diorte wrote:Yup, called Mark today, after elric asked me to mention it to him, he got it up and running after just a couple hours. Glad I could help :]

Thanks for calling Mark and getting that taken care of and GLAD to have you here. Gregster sends his regards and asked me to welcome you to the forum

Return to Lawsuits against Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's