User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Cowabunga?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:45 pm
mikey wrote:
elric92 wrote:
mikey wrote:Tom,

Would you be willing to post your complaint here? I really enjoy reading new complaints and adding them to the list of lawsuits already filed. You'll be in good company since I posted my complaint here... Kurth v. Seattle PJ Pizza

**I will post it if the lawyer says I can.** Will talk to him in next few days.

I hope you don't take this as confrontational...

You do not need your attorney's permission. Your attorney works for you. If you do not want to dox yourself by posting information that would personally identify yourself, I can understand that, but you also give up the ability to inform others of your lawsuit. Others... as in other delivery drivers that work in your franchise that may be reading this forum and may be interested in joining with you in addressing this issue.

I understand what is involved in the process you will be going through, I also understand what your attorney will say to you; the reasons behind what they will suggest. Some of those reasons, that they will not tell you about, are to protect the attorney's control over. Just remember that your attorney do have a financial interest in the case, and with any financial interest one needs to take consider their own stake. I am not saying that your attorney will not effectively represent you due to that financial interest, but always remember that you are the client. You make the decisions. Listen to the advice, but make the decision for yourself and the class (assuming your intent is to do more than just to get yourself paid).
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Shift Manager
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
91 toyota celica
90 toyota 4x4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 am
FYI, Paul's firm wouldn't even talk to me because of the arbitration agreement our franchise forces us to sign.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 am
scorp wrote:FYI, Paul's firm wouldn't even talk to me because of the arbitration agreement our franchise forces us to sign.

OHHH!!! Dude, you need to go to the NLRB and file charges for violating your rights under section 8 of the NLRA. Why do I know that this is what you need to do? Because I did it!!

NLRB Case 19-CA-148921

The NLRB will do the work for you. I can write the charges myself for you if you'd like, since all I would need to do is copy the charges I filed against my employer. Seriously... call the NLRB. If you'd like I can talk you through what you will need to do. PM me and we can talk on the phone. This is something I KNOW how to deal with. woo hoo I get all excited when I read about mandatory arbitration agreements, which is what you are referring too.

Edit: And honestly... Paul could bring these charges for you, as your attorney, and the NLRB might award you reasonable attorney fees/cost. I addressed this issue on my own without an attorney. So can you. So can any employee that has been forced to signed a similar mandatory arbitration agreement.

Edit x2: Can you scan a copy of that arbitration agreement and email it to me? PM me.

dough slapper

Where do you work?:
big 3 store
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
a gas guzzler
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:02 pm
scorp wrote:FYI, Paul's firm wouldn't even talk to me because of the arbitration agreement our franchise forces us to sign.

Not sure who you talked to because they specifically told me that those are unenforceable.

dough slapper

Where do you work?:
big 3 store
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
a gas guzzler
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:27 pm
elric92 wrote:
I hope you don't take this as confrontational...

No its all good, its more to protect me, I am the named plaintiff, and it should all be public anyway. I more want to control the release of information.

Everyone in my franchise knows about the suit. I have been recruiting :)

It's not about me getting paid at all, its about respect at this point. I intend to use the proceeds to try and address these issues nationwide. I happen to have a position and some connections that are going to let me do that hopefully.

I personally do not need the money but a lot of our other drivers do, I was just the only one not scared to do something. I am guessing that is the same in a LOT of other stores so I am going to try to do something about that.

So when I release the information its going to be a controlled release so that I can get some press with it is the plan as of right this minute.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:37 pm
mikey wrote:No its all good, its more to protect me, I am the named plaintiff, and it should all be public anyway. I more want to control the release of information.

I understand that, remember that I was int he same boat you are in right now. The difference is that I posted my complaint here.

mikey wrote:Everyone in my franchise knows about the suit. I have been recruiting :)

That is a good thing. I bet you've run into a few, or many, drivers that express the opinion of "I just don't want to get involved." Even after doing the math for them and showing them that they could be looking at 10s of thousands of dollars.

mikey wrote:It's not about me getting paid at all, its about respect at this point. I intend to use the proceeds to try and address these issues nationwide. I happen to have a position and some connections that are going to let me do that hopefully.

The things I could tell you tight now, but cannot due to a Non Disclosure Agreement.

I would be interested in hearing about how you believe you're going to be able to address the issue "nationwide", considering your case only involves the 2 LLCs that are your franchise.

mikey wrote:I personally do not need the money but a lot of our other drivers do, I was just the only one not scared to do something. I am guessing that is the same in a LOT of other stores so I am going to try to do something about that.

You sound exactly like me when I was in the same position. I still don't personally care about the money. This issues I address now I won't even get any payout, like the Mihas v. Papa Washington, LLC, case. I started it, but have no claim, that's why I convinced Mihas to become the named plaintiff.

mikey wrote:So when I release the information its going to be a controlled release so that I can get some press with it is the plan as of right this minute.

Understood. I just disagree with your method of controlling the release, my opinion is to post the information far and wide and as loud as possible. I wanted to post my complaint here to show Gregster that I was serious and not just blowing smoke up his ass.

Well, once you decide to release the information, I, at least, would appreciate you posting the complaint here in it's own thread.

BTW.. you are lucky... you have a somewhat common name, so even if someone (looking in the mirror here) were to search for you, they would have to go through at least 80 possible search results. There's only 1 of me.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:22 am
Jefferyherm wrote:California guys - any lawyer recommendations?

What are you looking to accomplish? I have spoken with a few attorneys that practice in California, I could provide some names, but I would need to know what you are looking to accomplish.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:12 pm
What kind of case are you trying to start? If it's a mileage case there's only one lawyer I can recommend.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 am
Saul Goodman? :D
Previous

Return to Lawsuits against Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Papa John's