What should the new Domino’s uniform look like?

Always check here first for new topics. Post any new topics here first. I will move topics into other areas as needed so they can be found easily by new members.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 am

My suggestion to Domino's on their uniform redesign:

http://www.facebook.com/Dominos?sk=app_304770852886788

They are offering a reward:

$500 Each

2 best written ideas
2 best visual ideas

Uniforms MUST include reflective accents on the hat and shirt visible from all directions, front and rear. This will make delivery drivers more visible when in the street on deliveries, and make inside employees more visible transiting parking lots to and from the store and while making trips to the dumpster or outside coolers etc.

This can be easily accomplished by adding retro-reflective pin-striping on hats and polo shirts, and on the adjustable bands on hats and into the collars of tee shirts.

This should be a mandatory component on all future uniforms and can also be incorporated into hot bags that drivers carry.

While this will add a modest cost to the uniforms, it is likely far less expensive than the costs associated with loosing employees in otherwise avoidable accidents when near cars at night.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
1990 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:34 am
Are those requirements from Dominos? That's pretty cool if so.

Shows how little PH give a crap - All employees must wear nothing but Black - we are required to blend into the night like the ninja and be easier to hit.
Freaks of Nature CC, Albuquerque NM chapter
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I can still roll lower than all my friends.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
indy shop
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2008 ford focus ses
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:27 pm

JK. I could not resist using that picture again.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:51 pm
DjH wrote:Are those requirements from Dominos? That's pretty cool if so.

Shows how little PH give a crap - All employees must wear nothing but Black - we are required to blend into the night like the ninja and be easier to hit.

No, that is my suggestion to Domino's.

Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:14 am
DjH wrote:Shows how little PH give a crap - All employees must wear nothing but Black - we are required to blend into the night like the ninja and be easier to hit.

HEY I resemble that remark :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: And that is MR PIZZA NINJA to you :lol:

cut table
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Gt
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm
Any idea when these new uniforms will even roll out? To the suggestion of reflectors on the uniform, I like the thought, but isn't that just as bad a big bright sign saying "im a pizza guy".
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 am
avonanarchy wrote:Any idea when these new uniforms will even roll out? To the suggestion of reflectors on the uniform, I like the thought, but isn't that just as bad a big bright sign saying "im a pizza guy".

I understand where you are coming from, but the car-topper and/or pizza bag already do that. The reflective stuff helps protect us from the cars that otherwise wouldn't see us in the parking lots or streets.

Remember, robbers can just 'dial a victim' no matter what we are wearing/carrying, but that car has no previous warning we are there until they see us.

Shift Manager
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
91 toyota celica
90 toyota 4x4
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 am
We usta have some kind of reflective uniform that had white stripes on them and hats. I dont remember how good they were, but they were pretty butt ugly. Domino's isnt thinking of the drivers on the uniforms, they are more concerned about flashy image. Have you ever seen the chef's unform we have? Only person I ever saw that wore it was a flaming young kid, and he was a driver..lol
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 am
Well, kinda like the voting process, if you don't voice your opinion when the company asks for input, then all you can do is accept what they choose for you.

PJ's had some ordinary looking hats that had a reflective adjustment band in the back and a white pinstripe across the edge of the brim that looked normal in daylight, but reflective at night.

Mostly black/dark blue uniforms for people working at night is ridiculous!

Return to General Discussion about the Pizza Biz