Pre employment drug test? Dominos..?

Always check here first for new topics. Post any new topics here first. I will move topics into other areas as needed so they can be found easily by new members.

n00b

Where do you work?:
Hungry Howies
Dominos
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Scion tc
Honda ruckus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:57 am
Anyone here work for dominos recently?

I've been hearing about a pre employment drug test.
Should I go to my interview prepared?
When do they administer the "pre employment" test?

Any info would be appreciated thank you.

Ps. My interview is tomorrow; I will update.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 pm
Welcome to the Board!

I don't work for Domino's, so I have no idea. Maybe someone else here can offer some advice. Drug testing is expensive, so I doubt that they will test you until they decide to hire you. I imagine that if they do test you that you would be sent to a testing place after you get hired.

You could just go there and ask one of the drivers about testing or have a pizza delivered and ask then. You could also just call and ask the manager how it works.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
WA
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 pm
Make sure you study for days before taking that test, I know I'd want to pass the test. Passing tests is the best way to go.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
General Manager

Where do you work?:
Delivery Driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda Fit
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:34 pm
gregster wrote:Welcome to the Board!

I don't work for Domino's, so I have no idea. Maybe someone else here can offer some advice. Drug testing is expensive, so I doubt that they will test you until they decide to hire you. I imagine that if they do test you that you would be sent to a testing place after you get hired.

You could just go there and ask one of the drivers about testing or have a pizza delivered and ask then. You could also just call and ask the manager how it works.

I worked for a Dominos Corporate owned store until last September. I was there just short of a year. They had no prescreening test when I hired on or when I left. If you have an accident, you get tested before you return to work. We had one driver who got rear ended while sitting still but he had to drug test before his next shift. We also had several drivers and insiders who both came to work high and "smoked up" outside the building during their shifts. Random tests are policy but in my 11 months at this store, NEVER!

If you want to be a "Crew Chief", Assistant Manager or above you have to pass the drug test.

I find it almost impossible to believe that ANY of the big 3 would spend the money on prescreening. This would cause mass terminations and a huge shortage of drivers nation wide and this in turn would require the companies to pay more money to drivers who could pass.

My advice would be to go forward with the interview and the application and DO NOT drive or go to work under the influence EVER!!!

SF
Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
Robert Heinlein

Return to General Discussion about the Pizza Biz