n00b

Where do you work?:
Dominos now. Local shop before.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Ford Taurus SEL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:11 pm
Sorta new guy here. A couple years ago I drove privately for a local shop and joined this forum. It was small back then. I got let go and his shop closed down. I guess I just forgot about this site when things got tough after that. Kid came along bills got bigger ect. Well at this point I forgot my login so I just made a new one. Wednesday I start driving for Dominos part time when I'm not working my full time job at a car dealer. I remembered this forum and decided I should be active again to share experiences or advice to new drivers. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Welcome back to the forum. We'll be glad to hear new stories, even if we've heard them before.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Ford Taurus SEL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:09 pm
Thanks. What happened to the place? I see a lot of new sections but barely any activity?
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:28 am
Reaper wrote:Thanks. What happened to the place? I see a lot of new sections but barely any activity?

Unfortunately, Facebook has made it so easy for people to comment on topics that they are interested in that it has become VERY HARD to attract people to post and comment on stories here...

If YOU(anyone, not you specifically) are the person who always reads here but almost never posts or comments on anything here... What am I to do about it?

A discussion board is by nature about DISCUSSION! If I or anyone posts many topics here but (almost) no one ever comments on them or engages in meaningful discussion about the topic... Well what can I do?

I have pleaded to the 'choir' here (our beloved regular and longtime posters) many times to beg for more reactions and posts, but they fairly remind me that even they get tired of generating content when almost no one ever responds...

So put even more succinctly...

What happened to the place? I see a lot of new sections but barely any activity?

If ANYONE wants more 'activity' here... THEY need to be the 'catalyst' or the 'seed' that grows the food of conversation and later gets blessed with the 'horn of plenty' in terms of 'activity'!

tl;dr: You reap what you sow.

"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

n00b

Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Ford Taurus SEL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:54 am
Well I know how that is unfortunately. If I've got something to say I'll be sure to say it in here.
dough slapper
Where do you work?:
Round Table Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2014 Chevy Cruze
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm
Welcome to the Domino's family Reaper... and all that good stuff.

I don't like Facebook.
Q: What happens at midnight? You turn into a pumpkin?
A: Only if that pumpkin is a pizza topping...

Return to Non Pizza Related Discussions