MUST READ: Rights guaranteed to ALL workers by the NLRB

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 am
I wonder if the NLRB would consider posts made here as a concerted effort to improve the workplace. Hmmm.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
big three franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
1999 corolla
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:13 am
My big three franchisee forbade me from even posting that i worked at a big three franchise. The confidentiality agreement i was asked to sign was so broad and sweeping that I technically wasn't even allowed to say I like my job. I wish I Had a copy of it now to post up here.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:28 am
If you signed it you should have gotten a copy of it. If you did not get a copy, ask for a copy of it. If they tell you no, contact the NLRB.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:15 am
elric92 wrote:If you signed it you should have gotten a copy of it. If you did not get a copy, ask for a copy of it. If they tell you no, contact the NLRB.

^^^ Great advice. 8-)

And I'd like to see it too!
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Shift Manager

Where do you work?:
Big 3
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda Civic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 am
Man......there is a lot of EXCELLENT info on this board!!! A lot of stuff that I never knew when I was doing this job.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 am
Tom-Tom82 wrote:Man......there is a lot of EXCELLENT info on this board!!! A lot of stuff that I never knew when I was doing this job.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling all over when I find out that I have helped another driver become so much more aware of their rights and that they are feeling empowered about how they could use them to help themselves and others!

If ANY of you know other delivery drivers that might benefit from knowing the information posted here, PLEASE invite, share, link to, or in ANY WAY share it with them so we ALL can benefit from the laws that protect us!

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 am
I, and some of my co-workers, might be quoting to our employer many of the things posted in this thread. Thank you so much Gregster for having educated me on the Rights we as employees have. I'm hoping that what is happening now and in the near future in my franchise will help educate the employees in my franchise what their rights are.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:18 am
elric92 wrote:I, and some of my co-workers, might be quoting to our employer many of the things posted in this thread. Thank you so much Gregster for having educated me on the Rights we as employees have. I'm hoping that what is happening now and in the near future in my franchise will help educate the employees in my franchise what their rights are.

I remain forever grateful for any and all thanks that I get for sharing my hard earned knowledge with you all! My greatest reward is when you share that knowledge with even more drivers!

None of you know how many silent drivers I help thru tribulations that never are shared publicly. For every public thank you I get, I am also privately thanked for a dozen or so people who never come forward with their strife.

For the very handful of you that know the details of my family life that I balance against doing this work i do here, you understand the struggle that I face logging on every day in fear that if I don't, i won't answer some posters last desperate plea for help. I can't tell you how many times I have been late for work because I felt compelled to answer a new posters desperate questions and let them know I heard their complaints and would soon offer even more advice on how to handle their situation. (All this while keeping in mind that I (unlike many of you) have long ago lost that cloak of being 'anonymous' that you all still share.)

My employers are still VERY AWARE of anything and everything I post. My recent help of an employee very closely associated to me only refreshed and exacerbated that fact.

I have spent many years worried about possible retaliation for my activism about employee rights on the internet. I continue to post about employee rights anyway with the faith that my knowledge of those same rights both informs me of what I can say, and what I cannot be terminated for saying or advising.

It is in this kind of 'purgatory' that I serve you all in, never really knowing my fate from day do day, that I answer your questions to the best of my ability and even ask that you ask still more! It is in this place that you cannot imagine how much your 'thank you's' mean so VERY MUCH to me!

Thank YOU elric. You do not know how much I needed some positive feedback right now.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:13 pm
gregster wrote:
elric92 wrote:I, and some of my co-workers, might be quoting to our employer many of the things posted in this thread. Thank you so much Gregster for having educated me on the Rights we as employees have. I'm hoping that what is happening now and in the near future in my franchise will help educate the employees in my franchise what their rights are.

I remain forever grateful for any and all thanks that I get for sharing my hard earned knowledge with you all! My greatest reward is when you share that knowledge with even more drivers!

None of you know how many silent drivers I help thru tribulations that never are shared publicly. For every public thank you I get, I am also privately thanked for a dozen or so people who never come forward with their strife.

For the very handful of you that know the details of my family life that I balance against doing this work i do here, you understand the struggle that I face logging on every day in fear that if I don't, i won't answer some posters last desperate plea for help. I can't tell you how many times I have been late for work because I felt compelled to answer a new posters desperate questions and let them know I heard their complaints and would soon offer even more advice on how to handle their situation. (All this while keeping in mind that I (unlike many of you) have long ago lost that cloak of being 'anonymous' that you all still share.)

My employers are still VERY AWARE of anything and everything I post. My recent help of an employee very closely associated to me only refreshed and exacerbated that fact.

I have spent many years worried about possible retaliation for my activism about employee rights on the internet. I continue to post about employee rights anyway with the faith that my knowledge of those same rights both informs me of what I can say, and what I cannot be terminated for saying or advising.

It is in this kind of 'purgatory' that I serve you all in, never really knowing my fate from day do day, that I answer your questions to the best of my ability and even ask that you ask still more! It is in this place that you cannot imagine how much your 'thank you's' mean so VERY MUCH to me!

Thank YOU elric. You do not know how much I needed some positive feedback right now.

It's the least I can do!! I give you enough heartburn and headaches, it's only fair, and right, to give you the accolades you deserve.

You have been doing this much longer then I have but we both exist in form of 'purgatory' since I continue to be an advocate for my fellow drivers in my franchise. Although I do not know if anyone in my franchise is actively keeping tabs on me here, I wouldn't be surprised if they were though, I just make sure to watch what I say. I advocate and attempt to get other drivers, at least the ones in my store, involved in addressing the numerous wage violations my franchise commits. We're working one of them right now, and 'protected concerted activity' may play a pivotal role in how the issue is addressed.

I wouldn't know about most of these terms and labor laws if it were not for the fact that you posted the 'Perrin v Papa Johns' on the forum. It was that lawsuit that lead me here and all the great information you've gathered that has kept me in the game as long as I have been. Out!

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 am
Thanks for referring to this thread over on TTPG. I knew I had read something about abusive language, but couldn't remember where I had read it!!!
Previous

Return to Union and NLRB issues