CSR/Phones

Where do you work?:
Donatos Pizza, Springfield, Ohio
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2003 Corolla
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 pm
Personally, I know my delivery area like the back of my hand. There are and have been occasions where for a moment I've drawn a blank. A quick look at the map will cause me to head slap. Generally it will be a short, side street with 3 or 4 houses with none of them having prior orders.

Give me an address and can tell you the cross streets and a close approximation within the block.

As far as a GPS goes, during one extremely busy lunch our district manager had to make a delivery. The doctors office is a mere 4 blocks away. He used his GPS and was given a route that caused him to drive 4 times as far as necessary.

CSR/Phones

Where do you work?:
Chinese Buffet
User Type:
Other Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
99 camry v6
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:21 am
MaggieMay wrote:A map can be OK but there are times when a GPS saves me lots of time. Say I take 4 deliveries at one time out. I enter all 4 of them in the GPS, let it calculate the order that they will be delivered. It arranges them where the time and mileage be the shortest it can be.
Occasionally I will over-ride the order it chooses.
#1-This would be when one of the 4 deliveries will be at least a $10.00 tip. They possibly will get bumped up.
#2-A delivery is going to be late, it will get bumped up.
#3-A known defect in my GPS routing where I know the traffic/roads and my GPS doesn't have live traffic or the newest streets.
#4-The ticket number order is too drastically different from the GPS chosen order. Maybe start with the far one and work my way back.
#5-A good customer orders a very small amount of food such as a thin-medium pizza, this order will get cold faster than 4 large thick pizzas
#6-A known trouble maker customer that complains all the time goes to the end. Why do they keep ordering?
which model you talking about?
#7-A "COMP" or "free" order where the customer has complained and is getting the order free.
Another added feature when using a GPS is when traveling with limited visibility, I don't have to slow down at each street sign to read them. The GPS tells me where to turn. This saves seconds at each intersection.

CSR/Phones

Where do you work?:
Chinese Buffet
User Type:
Other Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
99 camry v6
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:24 am
brycemonroec wrote:
MaggieMay wrote:A map can be OK but there are times when a GPS saves me lots of time. Say I take 4 deliveries at one time out. I enter all 4 of them in the GPS, let it calculate the order that they will be delivered. It arranges them where the time and mileage be the shortest it can be.
Occasionally I will over-ride the order it chooses.
#1-This would be when one of the 4 deliveries will be at least a $10.00 tip. They possibly will get bumped up.
#2-A delivery is going to be late, it will get bumped up.
#3-A known defect in my GPS routing where I know the traffic/roads and my GPS doesn't have live traffic or the newest streets.
#4-The ticket number order is too drastically different from the GPS chosen order. Maybe start with the far one and work my way back.
#5-A good customer orders a very small amount of food such as a thin-medium pizza, this order will get cold faster than 4 large thick pizzas
#6-A known trouble maker customer that complains all the time goes to the end. Why do they keep ordering?
which model you talking about?
#7-A "COMP" or "free" order where the customer has complained and is getting the order free.
Another added feature when using a GPS is when traveling with limited visibility, I don't have to slow down at each street sign to read them. The GPS tells me where to turn. This saves seconds at each intersection.

what model GPS are you using? google maps just doenst cut it.
Previous

Return to Maps and GPS