General Manager

Where do you work?:
Pizza Hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
1992 Honda Accord
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:05 pm
So I'm wondering what kind of pen you guys use on deliveries. I ask because I usually use pretty nice retractable pens, but I like to use a pen that works well with the job. It is really a pain anytime I have to use a pen that I don't pick out for the job. I also carry a backup pen if I forget my main pen at home or something happens to my main one (runs out of ink, someone bears down too hard and bends/breaks the felt tip)

But my company recently switched to paper that is too slick for ballpoint pens to spin. Customers kept thinking my pen was out of ink. So I switched to the Sharpie Pen. It has a felt tip, so it doesn't require nearly as much friction as ballpoint pens. Sometimes people try to steal it, and I've lost many other pens in the past but have gotten pretty good at requiring people to give me the pen back.

I also use retractable pens because it's easily to click them and slip them back into my pocket. And I don't have to keep track of the cap.

Sharpie Pen: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3 ... SY300_.jpg
Just livin' life
Assistant Manager

Where do you work?:
Extreme Pizza
User Type:
Other
Car you drive:
2009 Toyota Matrix
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:24 am
Ballpoint.

But for me, it's less an issue of what kind and more about always having them.

I learned early on my job to always have pens and lots of them in the car at all times.
Pete
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:22 am
Great topic already covered here:

What kind of pen do you use?

Feel free to add to it!
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

General Manager

Where do you work?:
Pizza Hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
1992 Honda Accord
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:43 pm
Thanks for the move gregster, I though this was already posted (and should have already been posted), but couldn't seem to find it. Guess I should have looked harder. Thanks.
Just livin' life
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:05 am
thepizzaman wrote:Thanks for the move gregster, I though this was already posted (and should have already been posted), but couldn't seem to find it. Guess I should have looked harder. Thanks.

No problem! I just want to help as many drivers as possible with the problems we ALL face! Thanks for your contribution!
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

dough slapper

Where do you work?:
Papa John's Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Dat car
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:38 pm
The best pen that I could find (that I was comfortable purchasing) is a Pilot G-2 Pro. I've had the same one pen for close to a year now, several customers have mused "That's a really nice pen," and I like to think that it encourages them to tip me slightly more when they write with it :P I've had customers attempt to claim it for their own many times, but I'm on them like a doberman when I notice they just hand me a credit slip without it. I walked around a Staples not long ago, trying to find a really nice click pen that had the right balance of black and white, but apparently no such thing exists below the $30 range...

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:27 pm
Diorte wrote:The best pen that I could find (that I was comfortable purchasing) is a Pilot G-2 Pro. I've had the same one pen for close to a year now, several customers have mused "That's a really nice pen," and I like to think that it encourages them to tip me slightly more when they write with it :P I've had customers attempt to claim it for their own many times, but I'm on them like a doberman when I notice they just hand me a credit slip without it. I walked around a Staples not long ago, trying to find a really nice click pen that had the right balance of black and white, but apparently no such thing exists below the $30 range...

I use to use a pen I would buy at Staples also, some sort of gel pen. I would go through a box or two a year. But then I got a clipboard and some string. I tied a pen I took from the manager's office to the clipboard, I haven't lost the pen in months.

I also stopped purchasing pens myself, I expect my employer to provide them now.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
Grabmygrubs
User Type:
Other Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Nissan Juke
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:44 pm
The best part of my job is no pen required all orders are prepaid and at least 8% or 3$ tip is required I never have to deal with signatures or cash

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm
Jukedriver wrote:The best part of my job is no pen required all orders are prepaid and at least 8% or 3$ tip is required I never have to deal with signatures or cash

Ya... but... uhmmm... that hardware is heavy?
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
Previous

Return to Everything Else