indy shop
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2008 ford focus ses
2014 chevy cruze
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:51 pm
Exactly how many of those goofy ears do you have? :lol:

I didn't realize that this thread was being updated so much and I got behind a little on it. First thing, I don't really know who my better half is that you are thanking. I have a PITA at times, but not a better half. :twisted: :twisted: . (BTW the PITA says "you're welcome and it looks to be helping a little with your attitude").

I am assuming that they are refusing to let you deliver pizzas; even if you're up to doing it. That would scare a kid, or probably even a dog :lol: .

And that really sucks with the reese's cups. If you haven't realized from some of my posts that I am crazy about peanut butter anything :twisted: . I can't think of one thing that is not good with peanut butter; especially chocolate. :D

Here's hoping the pain goes away so you can eat 100 of those reese's cups with no problems.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:19 pm
Yes, I am still delivering 3 days a week, but that may end soon as I have more and more problems with my mouth and throat. Luckily my GM is giving me all the flexibility I want with my schedule.

We have 5 MM hats, so I have a few more to go. We are also trying to borrow a Goofy hat.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:20 pm
Brief update: The last two weeks have been pretty rough on me. The radiation and chemo are really affecting me now and I am miserable most of the time. I hope to post a detailed update soon, but today has been a long day, and tomorrow will be even longer with chemo #6 in the morning and radiation treatment week 5 day 4 in the afternoon. (radiation machine was down Thur. and Fri. so I am 2 days behind.)

n00b

Where do you work?:
pj`s now
all of the pig3 before
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
kia
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:37 pm
Hang in there Gregster, Hopefully everything will come out fine.

You might want a little cannabis for the nausea and lack of appetite. There are more than a few studies that say cannabis oil cures cancer, A few joints would`nt hurt nothing. If your feeling up to it ask your Dr.

All the power in the world to ya!
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:37 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, I've already had plenty of offers from friends at work. Luckily, the medicine that I'm one does not give me any nausea. I'm also not leaving any hair. The main problem I have with eating is that the radiation burns inside of my throat and makes it uncomfortable even painful at times to swallow. Plus from the chemo I have constant diarrhea when ever eat anything so I'm hesitant to eat during the day time because I can't leave the house if I do.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 pm
Getting anxious. Seeing chemo doctor at 1pm for cat scan results. Please pray for good news. I don't know how much more our family can take this year. They are looking for possible kidney or liver cancer.

Two weeks ago my Chemo doctor said my red blood cell count is way too high, so he wants a scan of my kidneys.Well, I wasn't worried at all until I read this while I was trying to understand what my doctor was looking for:

http://www.medicinenet.com/polycythemia ... /page3.htm

>>Erythropoietin secreting tumors

Certain tumors can release increased amount of erythropoietin. The most common erythropoietin secreting tumors are:

liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma),

kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma),

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:54 am
Appointment was at 1pm.

Doctor comes in front door of office at 1:20.

We get taken back to exam room at 1:25.

At 1:30 they ask where I got my cat scan...

At 1:45 they tell us that the cat scan report isn't available yet...

Shouldn't they have already tried to get my results BEFORE I showed up??? Shouldn't the Dr have been in the office before my appointment familiarizing himself with the details?

Grrrrr. All I want for Christmas is to put this purgatory of dread behind me.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:48 am
Please watch this video that shows one of my radiation treatments for Stage 4 Squamous cell Cancer of the lymph node and tonsils in my neck. I had to lay perfectly still for 45 minutes to an hour 5 days a week for 8 weeks while I received the equivalent of 2000 chest X-rays of radiation to the cancer in my neck which was 9x9x4 centimeters. During the treatments and prior surgery I missed two months of work which we covered by using credit cards to make up the difference. I am retired after 20 years in the Navy including being deployed to New York the evening of 9-11, and immediately after that our ship carried the Marines to Iraq where the we're successful in fighting their way all the way to Baghdad and defeating Sadam Sadam Hussain. My retiree healthcare has paid for well over one million dollars in health care in my treatment.

Since then I have had two follow up PET scans, the most recent scan a week ago that both unfortunately show that I still have cancer. We never asked for help until this past week when my cars charging system failed while I was delivering pizza. My car was in the shop for three days which caused me to lose even more time off work and the repair shop damaged my engine block where they broke a bolt off and refused to pay for the proper repair. My credit cards are all maxed out now, and we had to use the last of our food money to pay for the car repairs. Worse yet, the repair did not last even 24 hours, and must still be resolved.

On top of that, the Disney Store publicly announced a few days ago that my wife's store is closing in a few weeks. She has had a job with Disney for 27 years and is two and a half years away from retirement and she's getting laid off. She cannot retire because we can't move elsewhere for her to retain a job with Disney so she's losing all of her benefits she's worked so hard for 27 years.

On Monday, I meet with my doctors to discuss if I will need "partial neck dissection" surgery to remove the remaining cancer. If that is necessary, I will miss yet even more work with no remaining credit to fall back on. I have no other option than to swallow my pride and publicly ask for help because my mom and dad have already helped as much as they can. Please pray for me and my family, and consider if you are able to contribute in some small way. Even a few dollars will make a HUGE difference to us. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/prhzbvnx

YouTube video: http://youtu.be/cjMTvcF40us

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:19 pm
Well, I went to the doctor at 1 this afternoon and got mixed news. The good news is if they will let me wait another 3 months and have another PET scan without doing the surgery now. The bad news is that my doctor told me that I will almost certainly still need to have the surgery. He said they want to do it now but since I told them I absolutely cannot take anymore time off work right now they said they would be willing to wait the three months but I would need the surgery soon after that unless miraculously the next PET scan shows the cancer is gone.

I had hoped to take my car back to the shop and have them look at it because it still isn't working right. It charges properly during the daytime, but at night when it gets cold it doesn't charge properly and the car gets difficult to start, and obvious big problem for someone who delivers pizza at night! unfortunately, Monday is the only day of the week that I take off and I had some other errands that I had to run today. And ran out of time and had to get back home. I will have to deal with the repair shop another day.

Thank goodness, my good friend Cindy Kobeg brought us over a fabulous prepared meal tonight! A beautiful salad, with salad dressing! Chicken parmesan with spaghetti and breadsticks! And chocolate chip pumpkin bread for dessert! Doesn't that sound absolutely awesome?!!!

Thank you again to everyone who has contributed! I am so humbled by everyone's generosity!

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 am
gregster wrote:I had hoped to take my car back to the shop and have them look at it because it still isn't working right. It charges properly during the daytime, but at night when it gets cold it doesn't charge properly and the car gets difficult to start, and obvious big problem for someone who delivers pizza at night! unfortunately, Monday is the only day of the week that I take off and I had some other errands that I had to run today. And ran out of time and had to get back home. I will have to deal with the repair shop another day.

Wait.. WTF did I miss? Did you go all namby pamby green on us? You got yerself a lectric car??

OMG... the word is about to end.

Btw, I read the rest of your last post, this was just the part I wanted to focus on.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
PreviousNext

Return to Announcements