n00b

Where do you work?:
Big3 franchise driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Hybrid
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:02 am
I got in an accident, Insurance says it is partially my fault. I was told I cannot drive until this is figured out. So I want to know if I will still be allowed to drive for them or not?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:47 am
Who told you that you cannot drive?
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:39 pm
Most places, regardless of fault, will have to take you off the road at the very least until you pass a urinalysis (drug test).

n00b

Where do you work?:
Big3 franchise driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Hybrid
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:53 pm
My district manager told me i cannot drive

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:21 am
Devenstewart wrote:My district manager told me i cannot drive

Ok... and the reason you were told you cannot drive? Was it all verbal or did they put anything in writing?

What policy does your employer have regarding accidents? Anything in writing?

Whether you can or cannot drive is a complicated issue. Without knowing what policy your employer is enforcing I really cannot tell you one way or another. Being aware of things like... Singleton, et al. v. Domino’s (Fair Credit Reporting Act) lead me to believe that your employer may be violating your rights. But they also may not. It depends on a lot of things.

Read that post and tell me if it helps you understand why any of us cannot provide you with a definitive answer.

n00b

Where do you work?:
Big3 franchise driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Hybrid
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:56 pm
Ok a lil update on my situation if anyone thinks they can shed some more light on this...

(I have a store GM,a district mananger in charge of like 7 or so stores, and a regional mananger in charge of all of the stores in my county)

My accident was rulled 50% or so my fault, insurence has finished everything else. My district manager said i could not drive untill everything got figured out its been 10 days and he said hes still waiting on a decision from his boss (the regional manager).

Is there a chance they wont let me drive for them anymore. Also the accident was not bad at all and my district manager only knew from me telling him and showing him a pic of my car

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 am
Devenstewart wrote:Ok a lil update on my situation if anyone thinks they can shed some more light on this...

(I have a store GM,a district mananger in charge of like 7 or so stores, and a regional mananger in charge of all of the stores in my county)

I understand this part. My franchise is operated in a similar fashion.

Devenstewart wrote:My accident was rulled 50% or so my fault, insurence has finished everything else. My district manager said i could not drive untill everything got figured out its been 10 days and he said hes still waiting on a decision from his boss (the regional manager).

Is there a chance they wont let me drive for them anymore.

Yes.

There is also the chance that your employer is violating your rights under the FCRA. Did you read the link I provided you in my previous post? Singleton, et al. v. Domino’s (Fair Credit Reporting Act)

Devenstewart wrote:Also the accident was not bad at all and my district manager only knew from me telling him and showing him a pic of my car

Ok. Whether or not the accident was bad, or not, does not matter.

My suggestion is ask the following questions:

Who is deciding whether or not I will be allowed to continue driving?

What is the name of the person that is making this decision?

Who company does this person work for?

What policy is being used to determine whether or not I will be able to continue driving?

Please provide me with a copy of the policy that is being used to determine whether or not I will be able to continue driving.

I would ask for a copy of my personnel file. You may be allowed to require your employer to provide this to you, but it would depend on your location. Where are you located? What state?

Also, depending on the state you live in, you may be able to record the conversation. If you are legally allowed to record the conversation, do so.

Let's assume the worst, that you will not be allowed to drive. What will you do?

Let's assume that your employer violates your rights, what are you willing to do to address that?
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 pm
After talking to numerous drivers in many states for many years, it is my opinion that most companies will fire a driver who has an "at-fault" accident while on the job. It's mostly about them being liable for damages in the accident then it is about anything within a written company policy
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Return to Announcements