Can employers deduct credit card fees from tips?

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:42 pm
I only heard of it from my magazine Computer Power User...they did an article a couple months ago about the viability of building specific machines just to farm bitcoins...it seemed interesting, but I didn't have the money to invest in that, so I kinda just disregarded it.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:41 pm
tompace wrote:I only heard of it from my magazine Computer Power User...they did an article a couple months ago about the viability of building specific machines just to farm bitcoins...it seemed interesting, but I didn't have the money to invest in that, so I kinda just disregarded it.

Ya... you'd have to invest some serious money to obtain the hashing power to be able to obtain your initial ROI. And since the difficulty is increasing exponentially you have to continue to invest more and more.

I'm a proponent of Bitcoin, I'm also an investor to I do have ulterior motives... I want other to invest and use Bitcoin. A good place to learn more about Bitcoin and just how fucking powerful an idea it is... it's not just 'internet money', it solves some seriously big issues Byzantine Generals' Problem.. anyways...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

there's a good resource to learn more about what many, not a majority obviously, consider to be an obvious next step in currency, accounting, and accountability.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
sedan
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm
I worked for a guy once that told us to put money in a box to cover tips paid to us through credit cards. I basically told him where to go with that. Someone there later told me she would put a couple pennies in there when he was looking. He would smile when I did it. Restaurant closed a couple of months after that.

Bottom line the fees are all a write off. Wrong wrong wrong.
Previous

Return to Tips and Taxes