CONFIRMED! Domino's is CUTTING drivers wages!

Tip Credit is a federal law that allows employers to take a 'credit' against the minimum wage, and pay lower wages to employees who earn tips.

n00b

Where do you work?:
Domino's Pizza
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
sedan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:01 am
I've been reading this thread, and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. I am a delivery driver for a franchise Domino's in Ohio. I won't mention in which city. We make the state minimum wage the entire time we're on the clock ($8.10), plus .25 cents per mile, plus tips. Our drivers average between $10-$15 per hour, which is still barely enough to pay the bills. I average 30 hours or more per week. The only tips I pay taxes on are on the credit card payments. On the rare occasion that carry-outs tip, whomever collects the payment gets the tip. It's not a bad job.
My only complaint is when people clock me out on deliveries, instead of letting me do it myself. Unlike some other pizza chains, Domino's delivery tickets very stupidly don't itemize what should be in the order. It tells you everything you should have assembled on the computer when you assign yourself to the delivery, only. Which is why I always want to see it. Some people do it anyway, though, and that's when things get forgotten. The only thing the delivery ticket tells you is how many pizzas and how many sides, the delivery address, the total amount due, and whether it's a credit card payment. I tried complaining about this to my manager, and he basically told me to shut up about it, because the delivery assignment is timed, and that info goes back to corporate. So, in other words, the speed of clicking a button is more important to them than getting the order right. Pretty stupid, if you ask me!

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:19 pm
Valor wrote:I've been reading this thread, and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. I am a delivery driver for a franchise Domino's in Ohio. I won't mention in which city. We make the state minimum wage the entire time we're on the clock ($8.10), plus .25 cents per mile, plus tips. Our drivers average between $10-$15 per hour, which is still barely enough to pay the bills. I average 30 hours or more per week. The only tips I pay taxes on are on the credit card payments. On the rare occasion that carry-outs tip, whomever collects the payment gets the tip. It's not a bad job.
My only complaint is when people clock me out on deliveries, instead of letting me do it myself. Unlike some other pizza chains, Domino's delivery tickets very stupidly don't itemize what should be in the order. It tells you everything you should have assembled on the computer when you assign yourself to the delivery, only. Which is why I always want to see it. Some people do it anyway, though, and that's when things get forgotten. The only thing the delivery ticket tells you is how many pizzas and how many sides, the delivery address, the total amount due, and whether it's a credit card payment. I tried complaining about this to my manager, and he basically told me to shut up about it, because the delivery assignment is timed, and that info goes back to corporate. So, in other words, the speed of clicking a button is more important to them than getting the order right. Pretty stupid, if you ask me!

Thank you for commenting. I'd make a detailed response, but it would take a lot of time. I see some issues that you could address if you chose to.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 am
Valor, Does your wage change when you clock out on a delivery, also known as split wage?

If so, then your managers clocking you out early is ILLEGAL. If not, then its ok.

As for the delivery slips, while I can see your side, unless your dominos system works different from the one I am used to, you should be able to get all of your sides together from the stickers. Your sticker tells you you have 3 pizzas, 6 sides, and 2 drinks...then just find the stickers that go with that address. If you can't find them, you can certainly look them up in the system.

As for the 25 cents per mile, that's ridiculously low and you should consult with a lawyer. I would suggest you read up on this subsection of the forum then contact the guys at pizzalawsuit.com.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:44 am
tompace wrote:Valor, Does your wage change when you clock out on a delivery, also known as split wage?

If so, then your managers clocking you out early is ILLEGAL. If not, then its ok.

I'd argue that it is never OK for management to checkout the delivery driver early. If management derives any portion of their income via metrics that are effected by the logout/login time, management falsely reporting the logout/login time is a form of theft.

tompace wrote:As for the 25 cents per mile, that's ridiculously low and you should consult with a lawyer. I would suggest you read up on this subsection of the forum then contact the guys at pizzalawsuit.com.

Please take tompace's advice to heart, read those posts and contact those guys.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:10 pm
elric92 wrote:I'd argue that it is never OK for management to checkout the delivery driver early. If management derives any portion of their income via metrics that are effected by the logout/login time, management falsely reporting the logout/login time is a form of theft.

While true, personally speaking, I don't care...that's not my problem, that's above my pay grade. If it doesn't hurt me in any way, I could care less what management does...That's their ass on the line

n00b

Where do you work?:
Domino's Pizza
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
sedan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:19 pm
tompace wrote:Valor, Does your wage change when you clock out on a delivery, also known as split wage?

No. It's $8.10 per hour the whole time I'm on the clock.

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:33 pm
Yeah then, the only thing I could say off the top was prolly not good is the reimbursement value. Please read over things and visit the website for legal help.

The rest, while likely "illegal" according to dominos policy, is legal in a law sense.
Previous

Return to Tip Credit / Pay Cuts