CONFIRMED! Pizza Hut IS cutting drivers wages!

Tip Credit is a federal law that allows employers to take a 'credit' against the minimum wage, and pay lower wages to employees who earn tips.

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
94honda civic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 pm
We here in the Dallas fort worth area well be getting screwed starting the 15th of march 2011!!! Needless to say much of us drivers won't be around to much longer.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm
45ACP1911 wrote:We here in the Dallas fort worth area well be getting screwed starting the 15th of march 2011!!! Needless to say much of us drivers won't be around to much longer.

Welcome to the board 45ACP. Do you know the details of the new pay scheme? Will it be split pay and if so, how much? Is it corporate stores or a franchise? Is mileage pay going up or staying the same?
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Pathfinder
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:32 pm
Pizza Huts in Southeastern PA are announcing a $3 pay cut tomorrow for drivers.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 pm
pfsf978 wrote:Pizza Huts in Southeastern PA are announcing a $3 pay cut tomorrow for drivers.

Sorry to hear that. Are they franchise or corporate stores? NPC?

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
yes 06 ford focus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm
yes and i got my check and it sucks cause they took my credit card tips out for the first time that was 160 for two weeks the 100 dollars for regular taxes and my gross was only 490 cause of 26.82 hours i was paid 5.30 and 22.30 hours was paid 8.30 ....in the end a 230 check i dont know what to do i found another job that was first now im in office typing this to you and only work 6 hours a week cause to me its almost not even worth it

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
yes 06 ford focus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 pm
chicago here got check it sucked was so low cause of credit card tips reported was 162 its now auto mated basically 260 gone i got 230 for two weeks that aint right also they want to keep in store time good but they cant pre dispatch before 18 minutes or u stand around making 3 dollars less so now manager is getting mad so the freak what im not getting paid 3 dollars less to wait....i pretty much had to take a office job in palantine now to supplement my new born son cause pizza hut dont ad it was taken ove rby canadians in area so i thought had just been them but no its pizza hut corp all over ..... here was an idea pre dispatch all u want let us keep our 3 dollars or not report credit card tips .....but this will never happen i bet....
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:44 pm
mxforce1 wrote:yes and i got my check and it sucks cause they took my credit card tips out for the first time

You get to take your CC tips home each night. That's why it was 'taken out' of your paycheck. Tips are only shown on your paycheck because they must be taxed. The tips are then subtracted from your pay because you already got to take them home with you each night.

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
yes 06 ford focus
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:18 pm
the tip is not part of the wage i just powerwashed in the city of chicago and they tipped me 50 dollars cause i do good work at anything i do so tip to me is for the amount of service i give customer weather its me doig physical work like powerwashing or using my own car to deliver pizza those tips i go home with should be taxed not taken ......tax me 40 dollars on my 160 credit charges rest should be mine for my car and for the job that i do..... it dont matter to me anymore but i was going to quit but check out this link here sounds just what im talking about and then some..

http://www.ripoffreport.com/employment- ... -727d7.htm

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
yes 06 ford focus
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:58 pm
im suprised no one responded here to link .......must not be alot here...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/employment- ... -727d7.htm
Last edited by mxforce1 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2001 Pontiac Aztek
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 pm
Hey, first post on the board here - nice to see there's a place where we drivers can find great info to help us keep -OUR- hard-earned money.

In any case, I'm in southern Indiana and we just had the 'Hey, bend over and take the $3 loss' meeting this morning. According to our "area coach" we are the 2nd to last Pizza Hut region to take this hit - the last region hit will be whichever one Cleveland, OH is located in. Ours takes effect on May 7th.

Stupid question perhaps, but is there any way to actually fight this? Not only are we taking a hit to our base pay (whatever BS they try and spin it as) with being forced to claim credit card tips, but we're also being taxed on those now as well. I haven't actually sat down to do the numbers on this, but it seems as though each driver is looking at roughly a 1/3 pay cut.

For all of you who have already had to go through this, is that about what has been seen from your end?
PreviousNext

Return to Tip Credit / Pay Cuts