Prank deliveries

Do you have a comment or question but are afraid to register or want to remain anonymous? This is the place for you!
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:27 am
I'm having a problem with somebody repeatedly ordering pizza delivered to me that was not ordered. I know it's almost impossible to trace an online order so there's no proof for the police but my question is can the company (like Dominos, Papa Johns) block my address from being delivered to within the system itself when somebody tries to order a delivery? It sounds like they use a computer system for phone orders, too.

Just trying to get this harassment stopped thank you!
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:19 am
rioliz wrote:I'm having a problem with somebody repeatedly ordering pizza delivered to me that was not ordered. I know it's almost impossible to trace an online order so there's no proof for the police but my question is can the company (like Dominos, Papa Johns) block my address from being delivered to within the system itself when somebody tries to order a delivery? It sounds like they use a computer system for phone orders, too.

Just trying to get this harassment stopped thank you!

Have you called the store and talked to a manager? They don;t want to wast the time and motet on prank orders even more than you do. Ask them to find out what phone number is being used and to block all deliveries for that number. If different numbers are being used, then ask them to block all deliveries to your address.

Both the drivers AND the stores hate wasting time and money, so with your cooperation, this should be an easy fix.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:03 am
We had a similar problem at my store a while back. In this case the phone pranksters used the legitimate customers real phone number so "the order would seem legitmate and real".

We solved this problem by making a notation on the legitimate customers POS record that indicated the customer was to be called back to confirm the order before being put thru when an order was placed.

Now if the pranksters are using the Internet, the solution may be multi-pronged. Most web based ordering sites (at least the food delivery ones I have used) should record at the very least the IP address of the computer the order was placed from. This can be used to track/trace the origin of the prank orders. You might need to get the police involved to obtain this information.

Obviously this is aREAL problem. You might have to get the pizza places corp web dept involved as most places with franchises the home corporate entity deals with all web stuff.
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:44 pm
Sorry it took a few days to get back here . . . but thank you both so much.

The individual in question is mostly using the online ordering sites. He then taunts using social media. I see that it is possible to go the route of blocking the address or phone number generated from the retail outlet itself! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Glad I found you all! Good on ya and thank you again!

Liz
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:59 pm
I'm glad we could help!
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:32 pm
if a person called store to place a prank order the store can do a *69 would give store the last number that called store, and offer to call the number back for store all stores still use landline phones or viop phones cuz they r businesses tracking some1s ip address can be difficult cuz might need doe subpoena 1 word vpn good luck tracking a ip address with some1 using vpn

Return to Customer Comments and Questions