Moderator: avonanarchy

Shift Manager

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
toyota
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 am
avonanarchy wrote:
doughslapper wrote:Crew pie: A stale pizza that has been sitting on the rack for hours and is no longer sellable.

Phone ho: A teenage female who answers the phones during the rush and is frequently the subject of a good old fashioned game of grabass.

Pizza cutter: A dull round blade used to ghost cut stiffers pizzas.

Rush: a time in the pizza shop when its busy, and is characterized by phones ringing, carryout customers walking in, the makeline screen filling up, and management meltdowns. This is the time during the shift when pizza screens and other implements are seen flying thru the air.

Coupons: Managements way of increasing sales by selling their product at a loss.

Assistant Manager: A phone ho with a key.

I will add a couple of these, but again some of these are inaccurate descriptions.

Haven't been in the business long have you? :lol:

cut table
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Gt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:22 am
doughslapper wrote:
avonanarchy wrote:
doughslapper wrote:Crew pie: A stale pizza that has been sitting on the rack for hours and is no longer sellable.

Phone ho: A teenage female who answers the phones during the rush and is frequently the subject of a good old fashioned game of grabass.

Pizza cutter: A dull round blade used to ghost cut stiffers pizzas.

Rush: a time in the pizza shop when its busy, and is characterized by phones ringing, carryout customers walking in, the makeline screen filling up, and management meltdowns. This is the time during the shift when pizza screens and other implements are seen flying thru the air.

Coupons: Managements way of increasing sales by selling their product at a loss.

Assistant Manager: A phone ho with a key.

I will add a couple of these, but again some of these are inaccurate descriptions.

Haven't been in the business long have you? :lol:

Our pizza cutters are actually sharp, they will cut the box beneath if you press to hard. Our phone girls aren't ho's they're actually some girls working their way through college and are not ever harassed. So to generalize all phone girls as ho's would be like generalizing all drivers as pizza boys. The assistant manager is training to be a GM and is often not on the phone and more on the makeline than anything.

Shift Manager

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
toyota
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 am
You wont last long in this business without a sense of humor. Trust me.
Rush Driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Berta
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 am
Off The Road: When you are done delivering for your shift so that you can do side work.
DILLIGAF
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:15 pm
wcarwyr wrote:Off The Road: When you are done delivering for your shift so that you can do side work.

Yep, we call it that also.
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

makeline/cook
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2003 Taurus
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:21 pm
wcarwyr wrote:Off The Road: When there's a traffic jam, and you are on a time limit.

Fixed :lol:
I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison, and I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck, she got runned over by a damned ol' train
makeline/cook
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2003 Taurus
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 pm
You can add this if you want, I don't think it's widely used as I made it up myself :lol: .

Corporate Sponsor: The chain stores (Dom, PH, PJs) that pay or 'sponsor' you so you can pay your bills.
I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison, and I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck, she got runned over by a damned ol' train

n00b

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2004 Chevy Impala
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 pm
Void rack - The place where cancelled or voided orders go briefly before being devoured by the crew.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
indy shop
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2008 ford focus ses
2014 chevy cruze
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm
gregster wrote:You could include 'phone ho' as an alternate name for 'phone girls' if you mentioned that it is "derogatory slang". I don't use that term myself, but I have heard it used many times.

We actually use the term, "Phone b!tch", when someone is assigned to answer the phones when it is really busy. Male or female, it covers both sexes. :lol: .

Of course this term can be adjusted. You can have an oven b!tch, a dish b!tch, a box b!tch, a dough b1tch, etc. Usually that term is used when it is the only job a male or female is assigned to do.

Of course, I have heard the term "driver b!tch" directed towards the drivers before. :lol:
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:05 am
These need to be added:

CSC (customer service compliance),

DOT (delivery on time)

OTD (on-time delivery)