n00b

Where do you work?:
Grabmygrubs
User Type:
Other Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Nissan Juke
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 am
When you use your own car to make deliverys yu have to account for the wear you put on your car. I had weeks where I netted over 700$. But if I spent over 125$ in gas and put over 1000 miles on my car so my earnings was actually 575$. I use a savings app that takes out 25$ a week and saves it incase i need a repair and for general maintenance. So in face I made 550$. Still pretty good for haveing no college degree or student dept to go with it. Just make sure you save save a lil each week cuz in this business without a car your without a job. I'll post a link of the savings app I use. http://get.qapital.com/bzAc/DY8do08tzF

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:14 pm
I have set up a bank account at a local bank that has no monthly fees, then just deposit my mileage into it and only pull from it if it is related to my car. I purchase fuel on a credit card that gives me 1.5% back and then pay it off from that account as soon as the charge clears. I had over $200 saved up just from the last 3 months, until I bought a set of all weather floor mats for my car, now it's just over $100. It helps greatly that it is a new car, so I have the warranty and regular maintenance covered for the first 25k miles

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:29 pm
tompace wrote:I have set up a bank account at a local bank that has no monthly fees, then just deposit my mileage into it and only pull from it if it is related to my car. I purchase fuel on a credit card that gives me 1.5% back and then pay it off from that account as soon as the charge clears. I had over $200 saved up just from the last 3 months, until I bought a set of all weather floor mats for my car, now it's just over $100. It helps greatly that it is a new car, so I have the warranty and regular maintenance covered for the first 25k miles

This is the way to go. I tried explaining this, many times, to new drivers at my old PJ location. I don;t think any of them got it through their heads that their mileage is not income, it's to maintain their vehicle. Most of them ended up having to quit the moment they had any maintenance issues because they never saved any money to pay for it.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:56 pm
I dont have a lot saved, about 300....but sice I was driving a new car with maintenance included for firs 40k miles, figured I had time to set up something.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:59 pm
tompace wrote:I dont have a lot saved, about 300....but sice I was driving a new car with maintenance included for firs 40k miles, figured I had time to set up something.

What I also did, once I had paid off my car loan, was to keep making my "monthly payment" into a specific savings account that I used when I purchased my next new vehicle. This allows you to accumulate a down payment and/or larger down payments to decrease the new monthly payment.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm
Yeah, I bought brand new...this wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Return to Basic Car Care and Repair