Delivery Driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
99 Civic HX
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:08 pm
Babe Ruth wrote:
DjH wrote:
Babe Ruth wrote:A couple weeks ago I saw a tv ad for tires with Kevlar.. (yeah, the sh*t they use in body armor).
I can't vouch for 'em: I haven't driven on a pair yet.. but it's incredible the amount of technology incorporated in tires now.

Article on Goodyear's Kevlars, http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/fie ... -adventure

Pirelli has been using Kevlar in the tyres for F1. I have to say, I'm not impressed yet...

Interesting.. thanks for sharin' this.. I don't watch Formula 1, but I'll occasionally watch NASCAR: You guys know if they're running any Kevlar in stock car/NASCAR racing yet (?)

I love the fact that F1 has fewer Yellow, White, Checker finishes. I hate that about NASCAR and yet there is so little actual passing in Formula 1 that it usually leaves me cold. :cry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
Robert Heinlein

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 pm
Personally, I have had a, in my opinion, a REALLY good run with Goodyear Riva 2 (from walmart). Paid around 80 per tire (+10 for lifetime road hazard warranty) and had the same tires for almost 2 years. Replaced due to alignment issue, most likely caused by the shitty driveways people have around here.

makeline/cook

Where do you work?:
Papa Johns
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 pm
I just had two brand new Pirelli P4s installed on the front of my car. The previous tires were Goodyear LS-2 tires and were so-so. They served their purpose. However as soon as having these Pirellis mounted I immediately noticed a huge improvement in in dry, wet and ice traction on top of a smoother ride and cornering grip. 80k mile warranty and I also have a Lifetime Alignment Package with Firestone, I plan on getting the full 80k out of them.

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm
How much they cost?

makeline/cook

Where do you work?:
Papa Johns
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:09 am
Got em from Discount Tire Direct for 208 shipped. 104 per tire for that kind of quality is hard to come by. Reviews place them neck and neck with high end Michelin tires which cost $50 more per tire.
Previous

Return to Basic Car Care and Repair