n00b

Where do you work?:
Dominos, Aberdeen, MD, USA
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Chevy Spark
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:04 pm
How do I prevent car toppers from damaging/scratching my car? The magnet surfaces of even the very new ones are embedded with grit, and have scratched my new car. I won't use them again until this is resolved, and this makes the Domino's bosses unhappy.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm
Unfortunately there is no good resolution to your problem. If your employer tells you to use it and you refuse, your employer can terminate you.

The mileage reimbursement is expected to reimburse you for all expenses (and by this I mean the per mile expense for each mile you drive for your employer, not all your expenses for owning your vehicle) associated with operating your vehicle for your employer's benefit. One of those expenses is the additional wear/tear your vehicle experiences for such things like donning the car topper.

What you should be looking at is whether the mileage reimbursement is enough to cover your per mile costs of operating your vehicle for your employer. Do you know how to do this? Would you like to learn how?
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

Closing Driver

Where do you work?:
Papa John's
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Toyota Camry
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm
In theory, you should clean those rubber things before using them. When I was required to use them, it's part of my process to clean them before nputting them on...i distinctly remember one time I had to dig a staple out of the rubber foot.

Return to Basic Car Care and Repair