Where do you work?:
Pizza Hut, in Surrey, UK
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Golf 1.6 16v
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:52 am
Hello,

I know I'm new here but I joined up and noticed how focused around the US this forum is. I am sure there are a few members or readers here who are from the UK and are drivers too. Is there any chance we could create a UK section or even a thread to let us introduce ourselves. We have different things to talk about such as prices of petrol (gas) and the issues of tipping etc. I am willing to help mod this section/thread, I have relevant mod experience.

Many thanks,

Xyla27
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:46 am
Xyla27 wrote:Hello,

I know I'm new here but I joined up and noticed how focused around the US this forum is. I am sure there are a few members or readers here who are from the UK and are drivers too. Is there any chance we could create a UK section or even a thread to let us introduce ourselves. We have different things to talk about such as prices of petrol (gas) and the issues of tipping etc. I am willing to help mod this section/thread, I have relevant mod experience.

Many thanks,

Xyla27

Welcome to the Board! Great idea an I am willing to try that if you are willing to promote it wherever you feel you can get fellow UK drivers to come by and participate! It would be great to experience and see the differences in laws, customs and overall work environment between ourselves!

If you can get just 5 UK posters to each post at least five times a month in the next 6 months, than I'd be happy to keep it as a permanent portion of the board. If you can make that happen, then I'd even consider making YOU a moderator for that section of the board! If interest never develops, then of course you are always welcome to post in any of the other existing forums!

No matter what happens, it's great that you are here and I am looking forward to seeing some stories from your unique perspective. One quick question though... How did you find us?
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 am
There ya go, it's already done! The new forum has been created and moved pretty far up the list so people can see it! Here is a DIRECT link to it that you can share on Facebook and anywhere else on websites that you think UK drivers will see it and hopefully join us! Great idea and best of luck making it work! 8-)

http://gregspages.com/discussion/viewforum.php?f=48

Board index » Welcome to the Pizza Delivery Driver Board » United Kingdom Drivers
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

cut table

Where do you work?:
pj single store
and indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Ford
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 am
I am currently a delivery driver and I have seen customers with a british accent few and far between. However I have also been a waiter and bartender ext... and I say that the british are horrible tippers in general.

n00b

Where do you work?:
Deliveroo UK
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda X8R 50cc
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:17 am
Hello, just signed up to the forum. I'm also in the UK and wanted to say I'm also keen to talk to UK drivers too (:

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:55 pm
1uke_ wrote:Hello, just signed up to the forum. I'm also in the UK and wanted to say I'm also keen to talk to UK drivers too (:

Welcome to the forum! I hope you will also talk to us American drivers :) . We all have stories to tell so if you have them choose the General Discussion about the Pizza Biz unless it's a specific story that only a UK driver would experience. I know I'm always interested in hearing stories but the thing I REALLY like hearing about legal issues and how drivers addressed those legal issues, that way I can pass that information on wherever I may be.

Again, welcome to the forum and I hope to read many stories.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
Deliveroo UK
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda X8R 50cc
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 am
Thanks elric92, I'm hoping to talk to as many people as possible regardless of geographic location. I want to learn as much as possible from as many people as possible. This forum is a fantastic resource.

I'll make sure to drop by and post on the board you mention above. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (:

Return to United Kingdom Drivers