Assistant Manager

Where do you work?:
pizza hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
accord
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 am
have had 2 drivers have people just jump in and demand to be taken somewhere and refuse to leave. I had one homeless guy open my door, reached in my seatback pocket and he ran off. What is it with people?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:06 pm
They are stupid. Ohh by the way.. lock your doors.

Edit: Wow, I did not proofread that post.
Last edited by elric92 on Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
Master Driver
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
1990 Honda Civic 4WD Wagon
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 pm
Yeah, door locks.

Also, having your car's looks make people think twice about tetanus shots helps. Rust is a must. :mrgreen:
Freaks of Nature CC, Albuquerque NM chapter
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I can still roll lower than all my friends.
Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:09 am
I hve extensive experience with this. My smallish town is the home of a world know temple of NFL football (the home team even trumps Xmas). My store is 3 blocks away. You do the math for home games.

Win or loose --- lots of drink fans after as game ---- drunk = thinking ANY car topper is a taxi including yours truly a pizza delivery driver. ALL drivers in my town have learned either through actual experience or being taught or "schooled"/trained that you ALWAYS lock your doors on delivery to prevent unwanted passangers or such.

Thank whomever that my doors auto lock when I put it in gear.;

Assistant Manager

Where do you work?:
pizza hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
accord
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 am
its usually poor city housing neighborhoods this happens in. usually you lock car but if your ten feet from the door you can leave it running. Nobody expects someone to run up and get in. Im a dick though, ill kick them out unlike the nice types
Driver Trainee
Where do you work?:
Juan Pedros 'Porcos-y-Tres'
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
97 Flying Dutchman
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:04 am
Diesel wrote:have had 2 drivers have people just jump in and demand to be taken somewhere and refuse to leave. I had one homeless guy open my door, reached in my seatback pocket and he ran off. What is it with people?

Look under "General Discussions" at "Would you do this", at the video and other recent comments.

Here are more suggestions in addition to the previous advice.

* Before driving into freaky areas, take car-topper or flag off. Remove your hat as well. Why be an 'advertized target? Just adjust all accordingly after reentering a safer area or back at work.

* If stopped at a light, don't give pedestrians eye contact. Don't even look at females, hehe. Btw, girl-gangs can be vicious!

* Along with having your door's locked, keep your windows closed while parked or at lights.

* If a shady person approaches your car, wave a knife or toy-gun and blow your horn. Oh they'll get it!

* If possible, find an alternate route to your delivery site which avoids stop-lights.

* If all fails, smear dog-shit on your door latches... :lol: ... they won't go there! (Joke, Greg, a joke!)

Remember that... an ounce of prevention could mean the difference between life and death...

Assistant Manager

Where do you work?:
pizza hut
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
accord
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:02 pm
people alaways beg for rides outside the store or at hotels, i tell them to go away.

Shift Manager

Where do you work?:
Big 3
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Honda Civic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 am
When I delivered to the university in my delivery area, sometimes I would have some of the students ask me for a ride.
dough slapper
Where do you work?:
Round Table Franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2014 Chevy Cruze
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45 am
Never demand a ride... I do have a couple people a month offer me cash for a ride. Mostly when I deliver to one of the hotels/motels/BnB's.

I did have one incident where a homeless guy locked himself in my car. It was the last delivery of the night and I was rushing to get back to the store before lock up. When I ran up to the customer's house I didn't lock the car and when I got back this guy was sitting in the drivers seat rambling about how angry he was. The customer saw what was going on and tried to help me coax the dude out of the car but he wasn't interested. Police showed up, no luck... They ended up having to break the window to drag him out.

Fun stuff
Q: What happens at midnight? You turn into a pumpkin?
A: Only if that pumpkin is a pizza topping...

Return to Driver Safety - How to avoid being robbed or attacked