n00b

Where do you work?:
Big3
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Compact
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 pm
Assholes ambushed me and beat me up. I'm alive so that's great. I'm starting to think we shouldn't deliver to people who have never done at least one in-store purchase! I know, I'm dreaming.
General Manager

Where do you work?:
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:09 am
Darthcurse wrote:Assholes ambushed me and beat me up. I'm alive so that's great. I'm starting to think we shouldn't deliver to people who have never done at least one in-store purchase! I know, I'm dreaming.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Will never happen.

I'm glad you're alive and thinking clearly. Hopefully you're no more than a little bruised up.

There's some stuff I always wonder when this stuff happens: What did your store/management say when they found out? How did the other employees react?

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:38 am
Darthcurse wrote:Assholes ambushed me and beat me up. I'm alive so that's great. I'm starting to think we shouldn't deliver to people who have never done at least one in-store purchase! I know, I'm dreaming.

Sorry to hear that this happened. Would you be willing to explain the series of events that transpired? Were their any 'warning signs'? Was it in an area where this sort of stuff has happened before?
Don't expect others to fight your Battles
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 pm
Darthcurse wrote:Assholes ambushed me and beat me up. I'm alive so that's great.

Welcome to the Board. Sorry to hear about that.

Was this a 'setup' robbery? Was it a 'new customer'? Was a 'security callback' done?

Darthcurse wrote:I'm starting to think we shouldn't deliver to people who have never done at least one in-store purchase! I know, I'm dreaming.

I think a more reasonable solution would be that all deliveries are CC/debit card only so drivers carry as little cash as possible, and customers are easily identifiable. Yes, it could be a stolen card, but if you can get free food off the card, and the driver has no cash, why rob them?
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

General Manager

Where do you work?:
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:27 pm
There's still the low chance someone could be robbed for a big stack of food. You just never know.

That would be a giant start.

Return to Driver Safety - How to avoid being robbed or attacked