n00b

Where do you work?:
Self Employed.
User Type:
Manager/Owner
Car you drive:
Buick
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:08 pm
Do you see drivers as being more dangerous than ever? If so, Read this and it may help!
http://mikesyrsutton.hubpages.com/hub/C ... en-driving
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:01 am
BigMike wrote:Do you see drivers as being more dangerous than ever? If so, Read this and it may help!
http://mikesyrsutton.hubpages.com/hub/C ... en-driving

So what is your point? Are delivery drivers "more dangerous than ever?" Are other drivers "more dangerous than ever?"
"If you ain't on the road, you ain't makin' money!" - gregster

n00b

Where do you work?:
Self Employed.
User Type:
Manager/Owner
Car you drive:
Buick
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:46 pm
Did you read the link?
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:26 pm
BigMike wrote:Did you read the link?

I did. Now please answer my question.

Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Formally employed by a Papa Johns Franchise in Washington state.
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
One with an internal combustion engine
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:19 pm
What do you mean by 'drivers'. Is this a reference to all drivers on the road, just delivery drivers, or just drivers on the road that are not delivery drivers?

I have not clicked your link and will not click your link since I do not know you or trust you.

Here's inject this substance into you bloodstream.
Don't expect others to fight your Battles

n00b

Where do you work?:
Self Employed.
User Type:
Manager/Owner
Car you drive:
Buick
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:47 pm
Ok Eric, that is fair enough.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
indy shop
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2008 ford focus ses
2014 chevy cruze
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:36 pm
What is the point of this thread? If its to slam us drivers, then I will gladly put my driving record up against you and the person that wrote that article.

If its for some other reason, then you need to explain why this thread was started.
Master Driver

User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Olds 2000
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 am
PD2 wrote:What is the point of this thread? If its to slam us drivers, then I will gladly put my driving record up against you and the person that wrote that article.

If its for some other reason, then you need to explain why this thread was started.

I second, third and fourth this statement.

I have now been in the delivery biz for 10+ years and in that time I have delivered roughly 40.000+ deliveries and driven 200,000+ miles between 3 different vehicles WITHOUT a SINGLE on-the-job accident or ticket/moving violation. I have only been stopped by the cops ONCE and that was because one of my headlights burned out while on shift and I did not have a spare to immdeately change it (got a nice warning but NO ticket),

Yeah I know that is no where near what say a regular route driver or over-the-road trucker does but still...... Heck most of the time the cops just leave me alone while I am on the job as I drive well within all traffic laws AND drive my vehicle as safe as possible manner.

I do NOT drive like the stereo-typical Digerino commercial depiction of a loser, stoner, idiot, sloppy, dirty, smelly, dumb-as-a rock delivery driver NOR do I look or act like that either (as do most of the drivers I know). This dumb and not so honest stereotype STILL persists for some odd reason.

Again, WHAT is the OPs point??????
General Manager

Where do you work?:
Indy
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
Sedan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:50 pm
It's an article written by a "MikeSyrSutton" username on a website that likely pays people to write articles so that they can get hits from search engines on a myriad of subjects. User who posted it here is named "BigMike" here.

This is pretty much blog spam that's not relevant to the site and I wonder why he came back to reply at all. Weird.
Master Driver
Where do you work?:
Papa John's franchise
User Type:
Pizza Delivery Driver
Car you drive:
2010 Ford Fusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 am
SumGuy wrote:It's an article written by a "MikeSyrSutton" username on a website that likely pays people to write articles so that they can get hits from search engines on a myriad of subjects. User who posted it here is named "BigMike" here.

This is pretty much blog spam that's not relevant to the site and I wonder why he came back to reply at all. Weird.

I noticed the same thing when I approved him. I disapprove several spammers every week. Butif this is spam, it was less overt.

"BigMike" , it's time to make your case or get banned from here for spam. The ball is in your court.

Return to Driver Safety - How to avoid being robbed or attacked